Thursday 1 November 2012

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

 
See that book above? Yeah? Well, if you see it anywhere in book stores, I recomend you read it. My mum bought it a couple months ago when she read in her magazine that it was amazing. She started to read it, but couldn't get into it so she gave it to me. How nice of her.
 
Anyway, when I first started reading it, I was not impressed. I was confused, and the writing was different to what I was used to. But I really, really wanted to know the end, so I carried on reading, and am I glad I did! It wasn't really a story about a circus, it's about a game. Well, it's all about a circus, but the story revolves around a game. Oh, it's so hard to explain without giving anything away!
 
All I can say, is that I wish I was a magician, and that I lived in a circus that only played at night.
 
Five stars!

4 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to buy this book for ages! Ever since Erin Morgenstern posted a pep-talk on NaNoWriMo last November, I've wanted to read her novel (its first incarnation was born during NaNo, which earned it some of my respect right then and there). Now that you've recommended it, I HAVE to get it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? :O Wow! I didn't know that! Now I respect the author even more!! Oh, I hope you do buy it! It takes a while to get started (well it did to me, anyway) but once it does, you can't stop. I loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The writing is very different! I love this book so much, it was my favorite from 2012. The writing is so pretty and lyrical. I feel like you really have to trust the writer as she takes you on this journey because I was never quite sure what was happening and where we were going. It was excellent :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I love writing like that! Some people said that they liked the beginning, but it went downhill. They must have been reading a completely different book because I thought the opposite! But, yes, that is a great point. We really did have to trust her :) Thanks for the comment!

      Delete